Developing An Evangelistic Culture in the Church
- Ensure that everyone in the church knows that the heart of the church’s mission is making disciples of Jesus and that all Christians are called to be involved.
- Lead by example.
- Preach on Jesus, encouraging people to trust Him and follow Him.
- Preach on Jesus’ mission drawing lessons from what He did and how He did it.
- Encourage the telling of stories about evangelism and conversions.
- Publicly honour those who are seeking to be obedient in share the gospel.
- Make a big deal of conversions and baptisms.
- Regularly pray for conversions and for workers to go into the harvest.
- Identify the evangelists in the church and honour them.
- Encourage and equip them to train others in evangelism.
- Give many opportunities for evangelism.
- Encourage/require small groups to engage in some intentional evangelism
- Encourage people to join mission teams to other parts of the city, country or world
- Train people in evangelism.
- Counter the view that evangelism is something we get a visiting expert to do.
- Invite visiting evangelists when they are willing to train the locals as part of their role.
Bruce Collingwood, OASIS Church, Napier, New Zealand
7 Ways To Create An Evangelistic Culture In Your Church – Dave Bruskas
Three Ingredients For An Evangelistic Church Culture – Michael McKinley, 9Marks
Creating A Culture Of Evangelism In A Local Church – Julian Batchelor
Creating A Culture Of Evangelism – Mack Stiles podcast
5 Ways To Embed Evangelism in Your Culture – Bill Hybels
Creating A Culture Of Evangelism – George Mansfield (sermon)