Alan Hirsch says that the church growth movement methodology has produced consumers
- What do we mean by “consumers”?
- What do you believe Hirsch is referring to? What were/are the characteristics of church growth methodology or modern evangelism that produce consumers?
- There would seem to be a fundamental difference between evangelism that says, “God will take care of all your needs” and that which says, “God calls you to give up everything to serve Him”. Is that what Hirsch is referring to?
- Which is closest to Jesus’ model? Which is most prevalent today?
- Can you give examples of each?
- What do you think are the key components of a biblical gospel message?